TAKE ACTION - Let your voice be heard!
N.O.P.E. (Neighbors Opposing a Polluted Environment) welcomes your input. If you would like to volunteer your efforts toward opposing hog confinement projects in our local townships, check out the list below for ways you can support our efforts.
(1) Attend one of our meetings to learn more about our opposition to the local project proposals, legislative updates, and upcoming events. Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month alternating between Isabel Church and Elrod Schoolhouse. Check our homepage for details about upcoming meetings!
(2) Call, e-mail, or write letters to the Illinois Dept of Agriculture outlining your concerns with the Runway Ridge or Memory Lane project. Encourage your family and friends to do the same. Let them know how the placement of a CAFO near you will impact your family, friends, and neighbors.
(3) E-mail, write, or phone your state and local officials to ask for their support in improving legislation regarding CAFOs.
(4) In addition, send a letter to your County Board representative to ask for their support.
Visit this website to find your county board representatives.
(5) Post a NOPE sign in your yard or display a NOPE sticker on your car. These are available at the meetings or can be requested by e-mailing us using our contact form.
(6) Make a donation to NOPE and support our efforts to protect your townships from factory farms! Donations may be mailed to us at PO Box 23, Fiatt, IL 61433.
Do you need help fighting a proposed CAFO proposed in your township or community?
Contact the Socially Responsible Agriculture Project for help.